How to Make a Payment Online
First and of critical importance, the payment system uses a popup for the payment window. You must disable any popup blocker BEFORE you begin the transaction. If you do not, the information that you enter will grey out, show pending status and you will not be able to complete your transaction.
Your payment can be made online by clicking here and logging in with your 6 digit BPR # and PIN.
Login to your personal account at www.cletn.com . You will create an invoice first and then pay the invoice.
- Look for the gray header under the large red header. There will be several tabs.
- Click on "Account".
- Scroll to the bottom of the next page and, Click 'Online Invoices/Payments'
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, Click on "New" to create an invoice. Enter a Description (e.g.:CLE Fees-Tennessee).REQUIRED to proceed
- Select the Payment Category and click to mark the type of payment. Next, enter the amount you wish to pay. Do Not enter the $ symbol.
- Click 'Next'.
- Click 'Save/Print Invoice' (If you need a copy of this invoice you must print it at this time).
- Click 'return to invoices' Click on the arrow to the left of and to highlight the invoice you wish to pay.The line will turn blue.
- Click 'Pay Online FIS'. Please Note that we have a new credit card vendor. When you click “Pay Online FIS” a new window will open for you to complete your transaction. Please make sure any popup blocker is turned OFF. Do Not close this window - it will take a few seconds for the page to populate. This is where you enter your payment information.
- Enter your Name exactly as it appears on your credit card. Enter your STATEMENT billing address. Select Method: (We accept Mastercard, Visa, Discover and American Express).
- Enter your card # (no spaces or dashes).
- Enter your card expiration date (ex. 02/2020).
- Enter CVV: (This is the 3 digit security code on the back of Mastercard/Visa/Discover or the 4 digit code on the front of American Express).
- Click 'Submit Payment-FIS' Note:hitting' submit payment-FIS' more than once may result in duplicate charges .
ERROR MESSAGES:If you see the word "Pending" in the status box it means your payment did NOT go through and the system does not know what to do. The "Pay Online FIS" button and the "Delete" button will be greyed out. That means you never submitted the payment due an error in the information entered. You will not be able to use that invoice. You will need to create a new invoice in order to make a payment.
- PRINT YOUR RECEIPT: Once your payment is successfully processed the system will prompt you to print a "payment receipt, failure to receive this prompt within a few seconds of submitting your information usually indicates that your payment did not process correctly. Errors will be indicated in red, if this occurs please make the necessary correction(s) and try once more to submit your payment.
Be sure not to hit "submit" more than once. It is essential that you notify the Commission of your online payment, especially if it is the only thing that you need to do to establish your compliance.
If your payment is successful, a receipt should process almost immediately. Not receiving a receipt is another indication that your attempted payment was not successful.
- If you feel that you need additional assistance please send an email to the Commission indicating 'online payment assistance is needed' in the subject line. Please include your full name and BPR# in all correspondence.